Together We Can Change the World!
Are you searching for work that matters,
work that allows you to be out and about in YOUR COMMUNITY?
A job where YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the lives of others while having FUN?
We’re always looking for energetic people
committed to making the world a better place.
YOU Make It Happen.
Join the Values Into Action team! It’s fun, flexible, feel-good work!
Community Support Facilitator
The Community Support Facilitator’s role is to:
- Provide direct services to individuals with disabilities that encourages community participation and inclusion to help people to make meaningful contributions in their community;
- Assist people with disabilities to direct their services to the extent they are willing and able so the individual is living a life of their choosing;
- Provide leadership, supervision, coaching and mentoring to other direct support staff;
- Coordinate schedules that meet the person’s staffing needs and preferences, informing recruitment efforts and facilitating staffing interviews with the individuals served and their families;
- Play a key role in the individual’s team, helping to plan services, provide direct support, and mentoring the team to ensure the happiness, health and safety of individuals supported by the organization.
The ideal candidate will have:
-A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited college;
-2 years or more experience providing community based services;
-Experience with Dual Diagnoses (Mental Health/IDD preferred)
Community Support Worker -
Lehigh Valley and Southeastern Pennsylvania, including Philadelphia and Delaware Counties
This position includes providing support for an individual with a disability in any aspect of everyday life in which s/he may need or want assistance, guidance and support. Services include direct support in the form of community involvement and/or accommodation with all activities of daily living including personal care, communication, transportation and inclusive social and recreational activities, as required by the individual.
This contracted position supports people with disabilities and their families to direct their own services. The Support Broker provides information, guidance, and technical assistance to the individual so that s/he can access, organize and utilize opportunities, resources and services necessary to live a self-determined life.
Minimum Requirements – To be considered for a Supports Broker position, candidates must possess:
- At least one-year demonstrated experience in a management position with human resources responsibilities (e.g. interviewing, hiring, dismissing, managing daily schedules, and supervision)
- OR have a degree in Human Resources.
- Candidates should also have personal or professional experience engaging individuals with intellectual disabilities and a basic understanding of the systems and funding streams by which services and supports are provided to them.
Read Complete Job Description: What is a Supports Broker
How to Apply
Complete the mobile-friendly Online Application.
Submit your resume and brief cover letter through one of the following channels:
- Email: Resumes@viapa.org
- Mail: 14 S. Jackson Street, Suite 102 Media, PA 19063
- Fax: (610) 565-5179